You will be assured of a warm welcome at both Christ Church and St Peter’s Church whether you are visiting for the first time, or if you’ve been coming along to the Church throughout your lifetime. We look forward to gathering together each week in worship of the living God who calls us into his service. Our preaching at both churches is based in the evangelical tradition and offered by a wide range of men and women some of whom are ordained. Further information about our services can be found below.
Services for this month:
- Sunday Worship on August 21, 2022 11:00 am
- Evensong on August 21, 2022 6:00 pm
- All Age Communion Service on August 28, 2022 9:30 am
- Sunday Worship on August 28, 2022 11:00 am
- Morning Prayer on August 30, 2022 9:00 am
- Morning Prayer on August 31, 2022 9:00 am
St Peter’s Church
Our usual services are from the Book of Common Prayer, enjoying the tradition of historic texts, sung responses, canticles and psalms.
The music at St. Peter’s is accompanied by a well-maintained Taylor 2-manual pipe organ. St. Peter’s also has a very good Petrof upright piano, which is used for choir practice as well as for a variety of concerts. The church is noted for its remarkably good acoustic. We are currently looking for an organist to play at one Sunday service per week, plus a number of feast-day services during the year. Our current pattern of monthly worship includes Matins, Holy Communions and Evensong. The present choir, led by John Strange, was formed in 2009 and is a valuable asset to assist our worship.
Senior Sunday – On the second Sunday of each month, at 4pm, we have a special service especially for seniors and those who live on their own. A short act of worship including traditional hymns is followed by afternoon tea and chat.
All Age Communion – On the fourth Sunday of each month, we work to ensure that our 9.30am service is particularly suitable for all ages. A short talk and a prayer activity is usually led by brilliant Children & Families team.
At Christ Church we enjoy a wide range of music with a good mixture of traditional hymns accompanied by organ and modern worship songs led by a small music group. Our services use contemporary language and resources from Common Worship and are easily accessible to all ages and stages of faith.
Families – Activities for babies and children are available at all our services and our excellent Children & Families Workers are on hand to assist any who need a little extra support.
Fun @ 4 – Once a month, on the first Sunday of each month (except January and August) we hold our Fun @ 4 (Messy Church). Anyone is welcome to attend and join in with craft, worship, games, prayer and tea.
Recent worship news:
- All Age ServiceWe do hope you will be able to join us at Christ Church on the 2nd Sunday of the month for our all age service. This is a relaxed family friendly service with a mix of worship music, prayers, reflection and activities. For our smallest visitors we have a play mat with some toys available.
- Tree of LifeThank you Fun@4 At our Messy Church session on Sunday 3rd April, the congregation created some beautiful bead crosses, flowers, butterflies and snakes which they then used to decorate a dead branch and bring it to life showing how God can bring life from the dead. We heard the good news of Jesus coming to
- Youth Worker VacancyThe position of Youth Worker is a new role being created in the Benefice to help focus the mission and evangelism of our parishes in such a way as to increase the number of young people coming to faith and joining the Church. You will work closely with the incumbent and ministry team sharing the
- Sunday Worship livestreamThis Sunday, 8 August, there are services of worship at both of our Churches. For those who are unable to join us in person, we will be livestreaming our worship from St Peter’s Church, Mountsorrel at 9.30am on our Youtube channel. Click the link below for access.
- Sunday Worship Online – 6 June 2021Join us online live at 11am for Sunday Worship from Mountsorrel & Swithland.
- Trinity Sunday Worship – 30 May 2021As usual we will be worshipping live online, Sunday at 11am. View our events calender to join us on Zoom or watch live on this link: