You will be assured of a warm welcome at both Christ Church and St Peter’s Church whether you are visiting for the first time, or if you’ve been coming along to the Church throughout your lifetime. We look forward to gathering together each week in worship of the living God who calls us into his service. Our preaching at both churches is based in the evangelical tradition and offered by a wide range of men and women some of whom are ordained. Further information about our services can be found below.
Services for this month:
- Holy Communion on March 25, 2023 10:00 am
- All Age Commmunion Service on March 26, 2023 9:30 am
- Sunday Worship on March 26, 2023 11:00 am
- Morning Prayer on March 27, 2023 9:00 am
- Morning Prayer on March 28, 2023 9:00 am
- Morning Prayer on March 29, 2023 9:00 am
- Morning Prayer on March 30, 2023 9:00 am
- Morning Prayer on March 31, 2023 9:00 am
St Peter’s Church
Our usual services are from the Book of Common Prayer, enjoying the tradition of historic texts, sung responses, canticles and psalms.
The music at St. Peter’s is accompanied by a well-maintained Taylor 2-manual pipe organ. St. Peter’s also has a very good Petrof upright piano, which is used for choir practice as well as for a variety of concerts. The church is noted for its remarkably good acoustic. We are currently looking for an organist to play at one Sunday service per week, plus a number of feast-day services during the year. Our current pattern of monthly worship includes Matins, Holy Communions and Evensong. The present choir, led by John Strange, was formed in 2009 and is a valuable asset to assist our worship.
Senior Sunday – On the second Sunday of each month, at 4pm, we have a special service especially for seniors and those who live on their own. A short act of worship including traditional hymns is followed by afternoon tea and chat.
All Age Communion – On the fourth Sunday of each month, we work to ensure that our 9.30am service is particularly suitable for all ages. A short talk and a prayer activity is usually led by brilliant Children & Families team.
At Christ Church we enjoy a wide range of music with a good mixture of traditional hymns accompanied by organ and modern worship songs led by a small music group. Our services use contemporary language and resources from Common Worship and are easily accessible to all ages and stages of faith.
Families – Activities for babies and children are available at all our services and our excellent Children & Families Workers are on hand to assist any who need a little extra support.
Fun @ 4 – Once a month, on the first Sunday of each month (except January and August) we hold our Fun @ 4 (Messy Church). Anyone is welcome to attend and join in with craft, worship, games, prayer and tea.
Recent worship news:
- An invitation for youWe’re so glad you found our website and we’d love to meet with you face to face. You can join us at any of our events and services that are coming up (full details can be found in the calendar on this site). This week, we have our daily Morning Prayer at 9am each weekday,
- Mothering SundayJoin us for worship at Christ Church this Sunday morning. Bring your mothers to Cafe Church. We’ve got coffee & cake to treat you with and refreshing worship for all the family. The service begins at 11am. Refreshments available from 10.45am and available throughout the service. You can join in with different bits, or just
- Why not join us for worshipWe’d love to welcome you to join us for worship this coming weekend. And there’s plenty of opportunity. On Saturday 18th March, starting at 4pm, we have our Muddy Church session which is open to all and takes place in the Orchard behind Christ Church. The whole thing takes place outdoors with activities around the